UPDATE 2: I’ve changed the windlight archive location, since it seems to be gone from the old location. It’s now here.
UPDATE: I’ve added a script to install the windlight files on Mac OS X to the package below. It’s “install_wl.bash”
Today Strawberry Singh posted a video tutorial about how to enable shadows and use Windlight on her blog for Viewer 2.5. About two years ago I released a simple batch script to automate installing a single windlight setting file by Caliah Lyon. Now in 2011, there are over 75 different Windlight settings in this collection at the bottom of this post!
To use it all you need to do is:
- Quit Second Life (if necessary)
- Download and unpack the ZIP archive at the end of this post somewhere on your Windows computer
- Open a command prompt and go to the directory where the ZIP was unpacked
- Execute the included install_wl.bat file
- Restart Second Life – you will find the new settings in the Advanced Sky dialog (as shown above)
Get the archive here. There’s also a README.TXT file in the archive with more information about installation in case you need it.